Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Tale of Two Floral Cards

Can you tell I like flowers? LOL!



First up is a card made with the Bold Blossoms Stand Alone Die with a sentiment from Zipper Panel Die from Ellen Hutson. I used cheap watercolors to paint blobs of color where I planned to put the flowers and leaves. Then, I diecut the flowers and leaves from cream cardstock and glued them onto the card from made with watercolor paper. The next step is to glue the sentiment diecut from a scrap piece of black cardstock. All that is left to do is glue the front to a card base made from cream cardstock.

I am linking this to EH Pin-sights Challenge and the SSS Wednesday Challenge.



Next up is a card I made using Altenew's Vintage Roses stamp set. I stamped the innermost layer of the flowers with versamark and sprinkled gold embossing powder, then heat set it. Then I stamped all the layers of the flowers with various colors of dye ink, and fussy cut all of them. I arranged the flowers on the card front as I wanted, then stamped the leaves straight on to the card front and attached the flowers, popping the orange rose on the bottom with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle's So Happy Stamp set on a scrap piece of cream cardstock, then heat embossed in gold and mounted to the card with foam tape. 

I am linking this to the Altenew April Challenge and SSS Monday Challenge.

Thanks for passing by.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the gorgeous flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with the Vintage Roses! Thanks so much for playing along Altenew’s April challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!!!!! Love the color behind the dies!

    ReplyDelete