Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dry Embossing with Stencils

I have been thinking of trying this technique for a while, and today I finally did it. I followed Shari Carrol's tutorial on the Hero Arts Blog.






The photo doesn't really show it, but there is a faint outline of the Echoes stencil by The Crafter's Workshop.

I diecut the sentiment from a pink glitter paper and black cardstock, and glued them together with a slight shadow. I stamped the MFT Diagonal Stripes Background on a piece of white cardstock, and attached it to the bottom of the card front. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock with Black Archival Ink, and layered it onto a strip of black cardstock. As a finishing touch, I sprinkled some Cappuccino Perfect Pearls mist, then attached the whole card front to a white card base.






Thank you for passing by.

2 comments:

  1. hello Glorie! this is a sweet card, luv the large sentiment...fabulous design! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete